Sunday, May 31, 2009

Matrysoshka Doll

As you can see 7 pcs of wooden dolls from big to small sizes.
When we arranged our things upstairs my attention focus to this wooden doll. I asked my husband what kind and where is this from. He told me the story and he said that he bought it when he spent his vacation in Ukraine as his souvenir. But his explanation is not enough for me so i search on the net over wikipedia. According to my searched MATRYOSHKA doll means grand mother in Russian. It is a set of wooden dolls decreasing sizes where you can place one inside the other. These doll name is from the name "Matryona" meaning mater or mother. It is closed in connected to motherhood and it turn the doll come to symbolize fertility.

3 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hahahaha sa Dora ko lang ini nahihiling mads... That's a lovely collection! I showed it to Rye and she said "Wow, its true" huna nya kaya sa movie lang an lol..

Unknown said...

Magayon na collection. Salamat s pagbisita. Keep in touch!

Dhemz said...

wow! is it really...how amazing...love the story behind it...thanks for sharing Mami Faye....love it...:) very cute!